Sunday 18 October 2009

Who Says I Can Not Go?

"Dad?"

"Yeah?"

"I think I made a mistake turning down Brown."

"No shit."

"I don't know what I'm going to do now. The Tal thing, you and Mom and Caroline were right, I can't do that again. But now I don't know what to do."

"I'll tell you what you can do. Go to Brown next year. Your old man took the card you posted turning down the admissions offer out of our mailbox after you left the house this morning. he replaced it with an acceptance and a deposit check."

I should be grateful, but I am indignant. "YOU HAD NO RIGHT! THAT IS LIKE A PERSONAL INVASION OF PRIVACY! AND THAT IS A FEDERAL OFFENSE TO TAMPER WITH THE MAIL!"

Dad chuckles. "Too fucking bad. Don't be home too late." And he hangs up on me.

Maybe my dad is a fuckin' corporate hippie, but I really love that old bastard.



Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist.

No comments:

Post a Comment